A Vision, A Goal, A Plan: Improve Your Teaching Effectiveness (Part 2)
This is the second part of a two-part workshop.
Teaching is a complex, often overwhelming endeavor that no two instructors approach in the same manner. With myriad research, resources, and opinions on effective teaching - where do you begin? The Teaching Effectiveness Framework (TEF) organizes evidence-based teaching practices into seven interdependent domains to help instructors identify strengths and focus efforts to grow their teaching practice. This workshop can help take this challenging thing called teaching and make it more manageable.
Part 2 (90 minutes) digs deeper into your focus domain of the TEF and the specific teaching practices you will integrate into your course. You will also consider types of evidence that will gauge success of newly integrated teaching practices.
Participants will be able to...
- Recognize the benefits of the seven Teaching Effectiveness Framework domains, their independence, interdependence
- Identify teaching strengths related to a teaching domain
- Analyze your current teaching practices and how they align with your vision for students
- Create a personalized action plan of research-based teaching practices to incorporate into your teaching
- Be aware of evidence that can gauge success of teaching practices
Lunch will be provided.
Participation in part 1 of this workshop is required.