GTA Training Series: Inclusive Pedagogy
Tonya Buchan, Jennifer Todd, Debora Colbert
Inclusive Pedagogy is a student centered teaching approach that considers all students’ backgrounds, experiences, and learning variabilities in the planning and implementation of student engagement activities, equitable access to content, mutual respect, and a more robust learning experience for all learners.
After completing the two sessions on Inclusive Pedagogy, learners will:
- Recognize their own implicit biases, how to mitigate those biases, and be aware of the impact those biases can have on learners in the classroom
- Incorporate a variety of instructional strategies that include the voices of all students
- Know and practice inclusive language that supports student learning
- Design opportunities for students to feel safe to engage with each other
- Be more aware of course materials that reflects the diversity of contributors to the field
- Direct students to CSU campus resources to meet their diverse needs There is an expectation that you will attend both sessions on October 21 and October 28.
Dates and Times:
October 28 - October 28, 2019 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Debora Colbert, 9704912645, email@example.com